Visitors can enjoy all that Escuintla has to offer including the shopping and museums. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe. A top sight in the area is La Merced Church.
- There are 240 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Guatemala City (GUA-La Aurora Intl.), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Escuintla
La Merced Church is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Volcan de Agua and Volcan de Fuego in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Escuintla, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 240 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- In the Middle of Everything ! is 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the center of Escuintla. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Antigua Guatemala can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with an in-room fireplace. Our customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo is located 19 mi (30.5 km) from the heart of Escuintla. This 4-star hotel in Antigua Guatemala features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Porta Hotel Antigua is 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from central Escuintla. This 3.5-star hotel in Antigua Guatemala features free parking, a fitness center, and spa services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Escuintla
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 97°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 65°F
- From April to June, the average is 97°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 93°F as the daytime average and 66°F as the nighttime average
- Escuintla gets about 1.77 inches of rain per year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 97°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F