Visiting Fort Myers Beach
Travelers to Fort Myers Beach give high marks for the beaches, live music scene, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and restaurants. Lovers Key State Park, Sun Splash Water Park, and Barefoot Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2330 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Myers
- The closest major airport is in Fort Myers, FL (RSW-Southwest Florida Intl.), 13.4 mi (21.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Naples, FL (APF-Naples Municipal), 23.8 mi (38.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Myers Beach
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Ostego Bay Marine Science Center. Attractions like Jungle Golf Ft. Myers and Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf are fun for everyone, not just kids. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lovers Key State Park, Fishing Pier Fort Myers Beach, and Bowditch Point Park.
In Fort Myers Beach, there are 739 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Gulf Breeze Condos - This 3-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its central location and helpful staff.
- Edison Beach House - Our customers love the dining options and central location at this condo. With a stay at this 3.5-star condo, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- GullWing Beach Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its WiFi and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Sun Splash Water Park, located 13 mi (21 km) from the city center, and Barefoot Beach, which is 13.1 mi (21.1 km) away.
Dressing for Fort Myers Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 54°F at night
- Fort Myers Beach gets about 55.91 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 55°F