Travelers to Captiva give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. A top sight in the area is Sun Splash Water Park.
- You'll find 2330 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Myers
- The closest major airport is in Punta Gorda, FL (PGD-Charlotte County), 24.7 mi (39.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Myers, FL (RSW-Southwest Florida Intl.), 28.9 mi (46.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Captiva
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Useppa Island, Cayo Costa State Park, and Alison Hagerup Beach Park. Top activities include kayaking and dolphin watching, while McCarthy's Marina is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Captiva Island and Captiva Chapel By the Sea.
In Captiva, you'll find 217 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Tween Waters Inn - This 3-star resort features a full-service spa, a private beach, and 3 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- South Seas Island Resort - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 8 outdoor pools and a private beach, along with free WiFi.
- Captiva Island Inn - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and room service.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Sun Splash Water Park, located 14.6 mi (23.4 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Captiva
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 53°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 54°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Captiva is 55.91 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 55°F