Visiting Fort Polk
Visitors can enjoy all that Fort Polk has to offer including its museums. There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Alexandria, LA (AEX-Alexandria Intl.), 44.2 mi (71.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Polk
A favorite place to visit in the city is Fort Polk Military Museum. In the area, you'll also find Northwestern State University Leesville and Museum of West Louisiana.
As you plan your vacation to Fort Polk, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 10 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Quality Inn is located within 1.4 mi (2.3 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Leesville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Comfort Suites Leesville is located 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Leesville features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and pool.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Leesville Ft Polk is 1.3 mi (2.2 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Leesville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Fort Polk
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Fort Polk is 57.68 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 41°F