Families will find kid-friendly activities in Houma, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and university setting.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Houma
- The closest major airport is in New Orleans, LA (MSY-Louis Armstrong New Orleans Intl.), 38.6 mi (62.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Houma
The city's cultural venues include Southdown Museum and E. D. White Historic Site. Favorite family attractions include Williams Avenue Recreation Center and Zam's Swamp Tour. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Southland Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Houma. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Cut Off-Galliano - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Courtyard Houma - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Candlewood Suites Cut Off - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Houma
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Schriever Station. Houma might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Houma
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 43°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Houma gets about 62.20 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F