Visitors can enjoy all that Gampaha has to offer including the forests, temples, and churches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its university setting. A top sight in the area is Negombo Beach.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Gampaha
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gampaha
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Henerathgoda Botanical Garden is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you'll find Negombo Beach in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Gampaha, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 73 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Wet Water Resort is located 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Gampaha can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Grand Tameliya is 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Gampaha can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Pineapple Villa is located within 1.5 mi (2.5 km) of the city center. This 3-star villa in Gampaha features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Getting Around Gampaha
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Gampaha Railway Station. Gampaha might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Gampaha
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Gampaha gets about 2.44 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and March with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F