Visitors to Gardendale are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events and coffeehouses. Birmingham Museum of Art, Sloss Furnaces, and Birmingham Civil Rights Institute are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 163 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Birmingham
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham, AL (BHM-Birmingham Intl.), 11.3 mi (18.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gardendale
Birmingham Museum of Art, Sloss Furnaces, and Birmingham Civil Rights Institute are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame and McWane Science Center.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Gardendale - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Arlington Antebellum Home and Gardens, located 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center, and Vulcan Statue, which is 14.9 mi (24 km) away.
Dressing for Gardendale
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- About 53.70 inches of rain falls on Gardendale each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F