Visitors to Georgetown are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, shopping, and zoo. A top sight in the city is Providence Stadium.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in Georgetown
- The closest major airport is in Georgetown (OGL), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Georgetown (GEO-Cheddi Jagan Intl.), 22.1 mi (35.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Georgetown
The city is notable for landmarks like Brickdam Cathedral, St. Georges Anglican Cathedral, and St. Andrews' Kirk. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Stabroek Market is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Providence Stadium and Georgetown City Hall.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Georgetown. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Guyana Marriott Hotel Georgetown - Amenities at this hotel include a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and beach locale.
- Brandsville Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Julian Guest House - With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Dressing for Georgetown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- Georgetown gets about 88.78 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 74°F