Visiting Ha Long Bay
Travelers to Ha Long Bay give high marks for the local tours. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its secluded setting. Top sights in the city include Sun World Ha Long Park and Bai Tu Long Bay.
- There are 391 hotels and other accommodations in Ha Long Bay
- The closest major airport is in Haiphong (HPH-Cat Bi), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ha Long Bay
The city's cultural venues include Tuan Chau Amphitheater and Quang Ninh Museum. Attractions like Sun World Ha Long Park and Dolphin Club are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Queen Cable Car, Nha Tho Hon Gai Temple, and Cannon Fort.
In Ha Long Bay, you'll find 391 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Era Cruises - Guests who stay at this 4-star cruise ship in Cat Hai can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room jetted tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Orchid Halong Cruise - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this cruise ship. Guests who stay at this 4-star cruise ship in Cat Hai can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
- Mon Chéri Cruises - Guests who stay at this 4-star cruise ship in Bai Chay can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Ha Long Bay include Bai Tu Long Bay.
Dressing for Ha Long Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 58°F at night
- Ha Long Bay gets about 2.17 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 58°F