Visiting Ha Long
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Ha Long, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, casinos, and coffeehouses.
- There are 238 hotels and other accommodations in Ha Long
- The closest major airport is in Haiphong (HPH-Cat Bi), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ha Long
Attractions like Sun World Ha Long Park and Dolphin Club are fun for everyone, not just kids. Top activities include kayaking and taking local tours, while Halong Bay Marina is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Long Tien Pagoda and Nha Tho Hon Gai Temple.
In Ha Long, there are 238 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Aphrodite Cruises - With a stay at this 4.5-star cruise ship, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Alisa Cruise - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this cruise ship. With a stay at this 4-star cruise ship, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private spa tub.
- Alisa Premier Cruise - This 4.5-star cruise ship features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ha Long
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 58°F at night
- Ha Long gets about 2.17 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 58°F