Visitors can enjoy all that Helena has to offer including the golf courses, parks, and museums. There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Helena
Favorite places to visit in the city include Wallace Adams Golf Course, Little Ocmulgee State Park, and Telfair Historical Museum. Additionally, you'll find Statue of Liberty Replica and Middle Georgia College Aviation School in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Little Ocmulgee State Park and Lodge - This 3-star lodge features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and quiet rooms.
Dressing for Helena
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 46.93 inches of rain falls on Helena each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 37°F