Visitors can enjoy all that Hempstead has to offer including the jazz scene and golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its secluded setting.
- You'll find 59 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Brenham
- The closest major airport is in College Station, TX (CLL-Easterwood), 38.3 mi (61.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hempstead
Favorite places to visit in the city include Legendary Oaks Golf Course, Liendo Plantation, and Peckerwood Garden. Additionally, you might want to add Prairie View A&M University to your agenda.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hempstead Country Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Hempstead
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- About 45.08 inches of rain falls on Hempstead each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 40°F