Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hermitage, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its university setting. Top sights around the area include Covelli Centre and Grove City Premium Outlets.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in Hermitage
- The closest major airport is in Youngstown, OH (YNG-Youngstown - Warren Regional), 12.1 mi (19.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Franklin, PA (FKL-Venango Regional), 32.3 mi (51.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hermitage
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Grove City Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania and Westminster College. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mercer County Courthouse and Mercer Raceway Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Hermitage. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Terra Nova House Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sharon-Hermitage - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features a casino, free breakfast, and an indoor pool.
- TownePlace Suites Grove City Mercer/Outlets - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Covelli Centre, located 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Hermitage
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Hermitage is 39.45 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F