Travelers to Holland give high marks for the beaches and shopping. Quaint and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its breweries, parks, and university setting. A top sight in the area is Grand Haven Beach.
- There are 351 hotels and other accommodations in Holland
- The closest major airport is in Muskegon, MI (MKG-Muskegon County), 26.7 mi (42.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 30 mi (48.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Holland
Cultural venues in the city include Knickerbocker Theatre, Holland Area Arts Council, and Saugatuck Center For the Arts. The city is notable for landmarks like The Felt Estate, Saugatuck-Douglas Historical Society, and Holland Museum. The lakeside, parks, and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty, and Holland State Park, Saugatuck Dunes State Park, and Oval Beach are worth a visit.
In Holland, there are 351 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Baert Baron Mansion - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and quiet location.
- Judson Heath Colonial Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sherwood Forest Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include John Ball Zoo, located 23.9 mi (38.4 km) from the city center, and Gerald R. Ford Museum, which is 24.9 mi/40.1 km away.
Getting Around Holland
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Holland Station. Holland might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Holland
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Holland is 36.79 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F