Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kalamazoo, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, casinos, and college vibe. This city also attracts tourists with its breweries, zoo, and theaters. A top sight in the city is Gun Lake Casino.
- There are 130 hotels and other accommodations in Kalamazoo
- The closest major airport is in Kalamazoo, MI (AZO-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Intl.), 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 41.1 mi (66.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kalamazoo
The city is well known for its theaters and live music, and cultural venues include Kalamazoo Valley Museum, Kalamazoo Institute of Arts, and Air Zoo. Families come for attractions such as Full Blast Water Park, Binder Park Zoo, and Kalamazoo Nature Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Regent Theatre, Griswold Auditorium, and Capri Drive-In Theater.
In Kalamazoo, you'll find 130 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Kalamazoo House Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Central Business District features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and clean, quiet rooms.
- Kara's Kottages @ Cedar St - Our customers like the overall value and walkable location at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Vine can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Kara's Kottages @ W. Main St - This 3-star bed & breakfast in West Main HIll features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Other top sights in Kalamazoo include Gun Lake Casino.
Getting Around Kalamazoo
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kalamazoo Transportation Center or Battle Creek Transportation Center. Kalamazoo might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Kalamazoo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 19°F at night
- About 35.71 inches of rain falls on Kalamazoo each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F