Visiting Holmes Beach
Travelers to Holmes Beach give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape. Around the area, top sights include Fort De Soto Park, John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, and Sarasota Jungle Gardens.
- You'll find 3425 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sarasota
- The closest major airport is in Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.), 13.1 mi (21 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Holmes Beach
The city's sunsets and beaches provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Manatee Public Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Island Gallery West to your agenda.
In Holmes Beach, there are 770 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Palm Tree Villas - This 3-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cedar Cove Resort and Cottages - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable rooms at this resort. This 3-star resort features free WiFi, free parking, and a business center.
- Haley's Motel - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Popular places to see around the area include Fort De Soto Park, 7.3 mi/11.8 km from the heart of the city, and John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, which is 13.1 mi (21 km) away.
Dressing for Holmes Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- Average annual rainfall for Holmes Beach is 56.18 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 53°F