Visiting St. Pete Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in St. Pete Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, lively bar scene, and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and restaurants. Salvador Dali Museum, Tropicana Field, and Fort De Soto Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2574 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 7.2 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 13.3 mi (21.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Pete Beach
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Gulf Beaches Historical Museum. The beaches and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Upham Beach and Hurley Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dolphin Landings Charter Boat Center and Merry Pier.
In St. Pete Beach, you'll find 176 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Pasa Tiempo Private Waterfront Resort - Adults Only - This 2-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean rooms.
- Inn on the Beach - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this motel. This 2.5-star motel in Pass-a-Grille features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Coconut Inn - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Pass-a-Grille can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Salvador Dali Museum, located 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Tropicana Field, which is 6.5 mi/10.5 km away.
Dressing for St. Pete Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 54°F at night
- St. Pete Beach gets about 50.79 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 55°F