Visiting Longboat Key
Travelers to Longboat Key give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Top sights around the area include Mote Marine Aquarium, John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, and Sarasota Jungle Gardens.
- You'll find 3439 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Sarasota
- The closest major airport is in Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Longboat Key
The city's sunsets and beaches provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Beer Can Island. Boating is a top activity, and Cannons Marina is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Quick Point Nature Reserve to your agenda.
In Longboat Key, there are 132 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Casa Del Mar Longboat Key - With a stay at this 4-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Sandpiper Inn - Our customers love the helpful staff and WiFi at this apartment. This 2-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Zota Beach Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Mote Marine Aquarium, 4.6 mi/7.3 km from the city center, and John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, which is 4.6 mi (7.4 km) away.
Dressing for Longboat Key
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- Longboat Key gets about 56.18 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 53°F