Visitors to Hungerford are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffeehouses.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Hungerford
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 27.4 mi (44.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Southampton (SOU), 35.3 mi (56.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hungerford
The picturesque setting of Combe Gibbet and Walbury Hill exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Ashdown House to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Hungerford. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Crown & Garter - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- The Bear Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Days Inn Membury - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with satellite TV. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Hungerford
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Hungerford Station or Hungerford Kintbury Station. Hungerford may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Hungerford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Hungerford gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 36°F