Families will find kid-friendly activities in Huntington, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, sporting events, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Keith Albee Theatre, Huntington Museum of Art, and Virginia Point Park.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Huntington
- The closest major airport is in Huntington, WV (HTS-Tri-State), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Huntington
Well-known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Keith Albee Theatre, Huntington Museum of Art, and Museum of Radio and Technology. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Pullman Square and Huntington Mall. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Marshall University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Huntington. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Huntington - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room deep soaking tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn Huntington University Area - Our customers like the pool and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Huntington - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Huntington include Virginia Point Park and Big Sandy Superstore Arena. Top places to see outside the city include Central Park, 11.2 mi/18 km from the city center, and Highlands Museum and Discovery Center, which is 11.3 mi/18.2 km away.
Getting Around Huntington
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Huntington Station. Huntington may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Huntington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Huntington is 42.56 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F