Travelers to Hurghada give high marks for the beaches and entertainment choices. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafés and live music. Top sights in the city include Aqua Park, New Marina, and Mahmya.
- There are 426 hotels and other accommodations in Hurghada
- The closest major airport is in Hurghada (HRG-Hurghada Intl.), 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hurghada
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Hurghada Marine Museum & Aquarium, Church of St. Mary and the Archangels, and Desert Breath Land Art. Attractions like Aqua Park, Hurghada Grand Aquarium, and Makadi Water World are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Mahmya and El Gouna Beach.
In Hurghada, there are 426 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Oberoi Beach Resort, Sahl Hasheesh - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Village Road can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Bel Air Azur Resort- Adult only - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this property. This 3-star property in Dahar features 3 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool.
- Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay - This 5-star hotel features a casino, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and clean rooms.
Other top sights in Hurghada include New Marina.
Dressing for Hurghada
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 97°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September averages 98°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 92°F during the day and 55°F at night
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 98°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 55°F