Visiting Isle Royale National Park
Visitors can enjoy all that Isle Royale National Park has to offer including the waterfront and parks. The closest major airport is in Thunder Bay, ON (YQT-Thunder Bay Intl.), 33.7 mi (54.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Isle Royale National Park
The picturesque setting of Lake Superior and Scoville Point exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Pete Edisen Fishery to your agenda.
As you plan your trip to Isle Royale National Park, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can stay in a nearby city.
- There are 577 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Upper Peninsula, and top sights to visit include Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore and Hiawatha National Forest
- There are 380 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Northern Ontario, and top sights to visit include Terry Fox Monument and Fort William Historical Park
- There are 427 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Northeast Minnesota, and top sights to visit include Giants Ridge Golf and Ski Resort and Miller Hill Mall
Dressing for Isle Royale National Park
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 39°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 23°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 11°F at night
- Isle Royale National Park gets about 27.78 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 10°F