Visitors can enjoy all that Kahoolawe has to offer including the beaches, shopping, and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants. Wailea Beach, Maui Ocean Center, and Molokini are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 3205 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kahului, HI (OGG), 26.4 mi (42.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lanai City, HI (LNY-Lanai), 27.7 mi (44.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kahoolawe
Wailea Beach, Maui Ocean Center, and Molokini are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Makena State Park Beach and Keawakapu Beach.
As you plan your trip to Kahoolawe, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 3205 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Grand Wailea Maui, A Waldorf Astoria Resort is located 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the heart of Kahoolawe. This 4.5-star resort in Kihei features 9 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 6 restaurants. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Maui Coast Hotel is 16.1 mi (25.8 km) from the center of Kahoolawe. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Kihei can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and beach locale.
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort - a concept by Hyatt is 14.8 mi (23.8 km) from central Kahoolawe. This 4.5-star resort in Kihei features 5 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 4 restaurants. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Kamaole Beach Park 3, located 15.5 mi (25 km) from the heart of the city, and Maalaea Harbor, which is 17.9 mi/28.8 km away.
Dressing for Kahoolawe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 63°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 64°F at night
- Kahoolawe gets about 16.07 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 63°F