Travelers to Kihei give high marks for the beaches, abundant cafés, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Kaanapali Beach, Haleakala National Park, and Maui Ocean Center.
- There are 1840 hotels and other accommodations in Kihei
- The closest major airport is in Kahului, HI (OGG), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapalua, HI (JHM-West Maui), 19.3 mi (31 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kihei
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Wailea Beach, Kalepolepo, and Waipuilani Beach. Snorkeling is one of the top activities, while Maui Nui Golf Club, Wailea Blue Golf Course, and Wailea Emerald Golf Course are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Waipuilani Park and Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge.
In Kihei, you'll be able to select from 1840 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Wailea Beach Villas, A Destination Luxury Hotel - This 4.5-star condo resort in Wailea features 2 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Ho'olei at Grand Wailea - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star resort in Wailea can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 5 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea - Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Wailea can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Kaanapali Beach, located 18.5 mi (29.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Haleakala National Park, which is 19.6 mi/31.5 km away.
Dressing for Kihei
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 63°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- About 16.14 inches of rain falls on Kihei each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 63°F