Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kahului, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights in the city include Maui Arts and Cultural Center and Maui Nui Botanical Gardens.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Kahului
- The closest major airport is in Kahului, HI (OGG), 2 mi (3.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapalua, HI (JHM-West Maui), 14.3 mi (23 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kahului
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Maui Nui Botanical Gardens and Kanaha Beach Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Queen Ka’ahumanu Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Maui Arts and Cultural Center and Alexander and Baldwin Sugar Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Kahului. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard Maui Kahului Airport - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Maui Seaside Hotel - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Maui Beach Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a bar. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Kaanapali Beach, 14.8 mi/23.8 km from the heart of the city, and Haleakala National Park, which is 23.6 mi/38 km away.
Dressing for Kahului
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 63°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 65°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- Kahului gets about 17.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 63°F