Visitors can enjoy all that Kawaguchi has to offer including the university setting and museums. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Sensoji Temple, Tokyo Sky Tree, and Tokyo Imperial Palace.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Saitama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 37 mi (59.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kawaguchi
A favorite place to visit in the city is Saifuku-ji Temple. Additionally, in the area you'll find Sensoji Temple and Tokyo Sky Tree.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Kawaguchi. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- WALLABY HOUSE - This 3-star cottage features free WiFi, concierge services, and laundry facilities. Expedia travelers love its WiFi and high-quality beds.
- COCO STAY NISHIKAWAGUCHI EKIMAE - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar, and laundry facilities.
- Smile Hotel Kawaguchi - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Tokyo Imperial Palace, located 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Meiji Jingu Shrine, which is 11.1 mi/17.8 km away.
Getting Around Kawaguchi
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Ukimafunado station. Kawaguchi might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kawaguchi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Kawaguchi gets about 62.09 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 38°F