Find Hotels in Maalaea, HI
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Mar 31, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 20, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 8, 2020
Reviewed on Apr 18, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 30, 2019
Reviewed on Mar 28, 2020
Reviewed on Apr 7, 2020
Reviewed on Feb 26, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 24, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 19, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 27, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 19, 2019
Reviewed on Aug 3, 2020
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Maalaea, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium and seafood restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Kaanapali Beach, Maui Ocean Center, and Iao Valley State Park.
- There are 203 hotels and other accommodations in Maalaea
- The closest major airport is in Kahului, HI (OGG), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapalua, HI (JHM-West Maui), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maalaea
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and Maalaea Beach. Top activities include whale watching and exploring the waterfront, while Maalaea Harbor is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Maui Ocean Center to your agenda.
In Maalaea, there are 203 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Island Sands by CRH - With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
Top places to visit around the area include Kaanapali Beach, 14.2 mi/22.8 km from the heart of the city, and Iao Valley State Park, which is 6.1 mi/9.8 km away.
Dressing for Maalaea
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 63°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 65°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 64°F
- Maalaea gets about 17.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 63°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Maalaea?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Maalaea, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Maalaea?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Maalaea?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation in Maalaea?
What's the best place to stay near the beach in Maalaea?
What are some accommodations with pools in Maalaea?
Recent reviews of Maalaea hotels
More trip options
- Maalaea Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Maalaea Airports
- Hotels in Maalaea Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Maalaea Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Maalaea
- More Hotel Options in Maalaea
- More Popular Hotels in Wailuku
- Other Hotels near Maalaea, Wailuku
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends