Travelers to Killington give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Killington Resort and Okemo Mountain Resort.
- You'll find 587 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Central Vermont- Killington
- The closest major airport is in Rutland, VT (RUT-Rutland Southern Vermont Regional), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lebanon, NH (LEB-Lebanon Municipal), 24.1 mi (38.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Killington
The city's mountain views and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Gifford Woods State Park. Top activities include skiing and snowboarding, while Killington Resort, Killington Golf Course, and Pico Mountain at Killington Ski Resort are favorite sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Green Mountain National Golf Course to your agenda.
In Killington, you'll find 303 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mountain Valley Retreat - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Birch Ridge Inn - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this inn. This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Greenbrier Inn - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and room size.
A top sight outside the city is Okemo Mountain Resort, located 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Killington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 7°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 26°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- Killington gets about 40.43 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 10°F