Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Kingston, which is also known for its museums and waterfront. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its cafés, entertainment choices, and shopping. Top sights in the city include National Gallery of Jamaica, Emancipation Park, and Devon House.
- There are 423 hotels and other accommodations in Kingston
- The closest major airport is in Kingston (KIN-Norman Manley Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ocho Rios (OCJ-Ian Fleming Intl.), 32.1 mi (51.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kingston
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Gallery of Jamaica, Bob Marley Museum, and African-Caribbean Heritage Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Devon House, Independence Park, and Sir Alexander Bustamante's House. The city's natural beauty is on display at Emancipation Park, National Heroes Park, and Mandela Park.
In Kingston, there are 423 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Neita's Nest - Jamaican Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and room size.
- BLS Wellness Guest House - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Chester Avenue Bed & Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Barbican can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Somerset Falls, located 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from the city center, and Hellshire Beach, which is 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away.
Dressing for Kingston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 86°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 68°F at night
- Kingston gets about 33.90 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 67°F