Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lagoa, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and beautiful gardens. Relaxing and quaint, this city attracts tourists with its spas and sporting events. Top sights around the area include Rocha Beach, Zoomarine, and Meia Praia Beach.
- There are 116 hotels and other accommodations in Lagoa
- The closest major airport is in Portimao (PRM), 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 27.9 mi (44.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lagoa
The beaches and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Senhora da Rocha Beach, Marinha Beach, and Grande Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sao Jose Convent and Portimao Town Market.
In Lagoa, you'll be able to select from 116 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Armacao de Pera can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a golf course, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size and walkable location.
- Lagoa Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Vilalara Thalassa Resort - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Armacao de Pera can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Top places to visit outside the city include Rocha Beach, 4.6 mi/7.4 km from the city center, and Zoomarine, which is 7.8 mi (12.5 km) away.
Getting Around Lagoa
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Lagoa Ferragudo Station. Lagoa may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lagoa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Lagoa gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F