Las Vegas Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 28 low-cost motels in Las Vegas among more than 1578 hotels and other lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
By saving on your room price, you can enjoy more of what Las Vegas has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include High Roller, Park Theater, and MGM Grand Casino.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was conceived in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have outdoor access to guestrooms from the parking lot.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' best-rated Las Vegas motels available to book:
Ellis Island Hotel
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of High Roller and MGM Grand Casino.
- Enjoy access to the casino, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Motel 6 Las Vegas - Tropicana
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of MGM Grand Casino and Park Theater.
Motel 8 Plus
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of MGM Grand Casino and Park Theater.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Fremont Street Experience and Mob Museum.
- An outdoor pool and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of MGM Grand Casino and T-Mobile Arena.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast and WiFi.
Things to Do in Las Vegas
Check out the area's great live music and entertainment choices while you're sightseeing. Those visiting Las Vegas love its shops, restaurants, and bars.
Here are some popular places:
- High Roller
- Park Theater
- MGM Grand Casino
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Ethel M Botanical Cactus Gardens
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
- The Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Las Vegas Mini Grand Prix
- Wet‘n’Wild Las Vegas
- Flamingo Wildlife Habitat
Las Vegas is also notable for its:
- Casino gaming
Best Time to Visit Las Vegas
Determine the optimal time to visit Las Vegas by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 74° F and nighttime temperatures average 38° F
- April-June: 103° F is the daytime average and 52° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 105° F and nighttime averages are around 65° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 87° F during the day and 38° F at night
- Average rainfall is 2.32 inches in a year
How to Get to Las Vegas and Around the Area
Las Vegas Transportation
|Las Vegas, NV (LAS-McCarran Intl.) ||Airport ||2.4 mi (3.8 km) |
|Las Vegas, NV (VGT-North Las Vegas) ||Airport ||6.7 mi (10.8 km) |
|Henderson, NV (HSH-Henderson Executive) ||Airport ||9.7 mi (15.6 km) |
|Flamingo - Caesars Palace Monorail Station ||Metro Station ||0.3 mi (0.4 km) |
|Ballys and Paris Las Vegas Monorail Station ||Metro Station ||0.3 mi (0.6 km) |
|Harrahs - Imperial Palace Monorail Station ||Metro Station ||0.4 mi (0.6 km) |