Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Lecco, which is also known for its mountain views and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cathedral. Top sights around the area include Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta, and Villa del Balbianello.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Lecco
- The closest major airport is in Bergamo (BGY-Orio Al Serio), 20 mi (32.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 25.3 mi (40.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lecco
The city is notable for landmarks like Palace of Fears, Villa Manzoni, and Piani D'erna. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palace Bovara and Stadio Rigamonti-Ceppi.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Lecco. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Agriturismo Deviscio - Amenities at this farm stay include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and walkable location.
- NH Lecco Pontevecchio - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Alberi - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Villa Melzi, 10.9 mi/17.5 km from the city center, and Villa Carlotta, which is 11.8 mi/19 km away.
Getting Around Lecco
With so many transportation options, seeing Lecco is simple. Head to Lecco Maggianico Station to catch metro. If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Lecco Station. You can ride a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Lecco
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Lecco each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F