Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Liberia, which is also known for its beaches and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos and volcano viewpoints. Around the area, top sights include Hermosa Bay Beach, Coco Beach, and Rincon de la Vieja National Park.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Liberia
- The closest major airport is in Liberia (LIR-Daniel Oduber Intl.), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Liberia
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Liberia Parque Central. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Church of La Ermita La Agonia and Africa Mia.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Liberia. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel del Rio - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Las Espuelas Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Popular places to visit around the area include Hermosa Bay Beach, located 15.5 mi (25 km) from the city center, and Coco Beach, which is 16.8 mi (27.1 km) away.
Dressing for Liberia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 61°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 64°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 62°F
- About 72.76 inches of rain falls on Liberia each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 62°F