Visiting Lock Haven
Visitors to Lock Haven are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, museums, and shopping.
- You'll find 59 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Williamsport
- The closest major airport is in Williamsport, PA (IPT-Williamsport Regional), 28.2 mi (45.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in State College, PA (SCE-University Park), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lock Haven
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Lock Haven University is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Triangle Park and Piper Aviation Museum.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lock Haven - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Lock Haven
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.61 inches of rain falls on Lock Haven each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F