Visitors to Looe are sure to enjoy the waterfront and coffeehouses. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and rural setting.
- There are 131 hotels and other accommodations in Looe
- The closest major airport is in Newquay (NQY-Newquay Cornwall), 22.9 mi (36.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Looe
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and such places to visit as Looe Beach and Looe Island. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Polperro Harbour is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Old Guildhall Museum and Gaol and Polperro Model Village.
In Looe, you'll find 131 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bucklawren Farm - With a stay at this 4-star farm stay, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and location.
- Trenderway Farm - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Down Ende - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Looe
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Looe is easy. To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Looe Station or Sandplace Station. You can find out about water transportation options at the port.
Dressing for Looe
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 39°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Looe gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F