Visitors can enjoy all that Lumpkin has to offer including the parks and museums. There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Columbus, GA (CSG-Columbus Metropolitan), 34.9 mi (56.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lumpkin
A couple of favorite places to visit are Providence Canyon State Outdoor Recreation Area and Westville Village. Additionally, you'll find Richland Georgia Rail Museum and Old Creek Town Recreation Area in the area.
As you plan your trip to Lumpkin, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 14 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hampton Inn Columbus / South - Fort Benning is located 26.5 mi (42.6 km) from the heart of Lumpkin. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Columbus can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and WiFi.
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites at Fort Benning is 27.1 mi (43.6 km) from central Lumpkin. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Columbus can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hampton Inn Eufaula is 21.2 mi (34.2 km) from the center of Lumpkin. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Eufaula can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Lumpkin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Lumpkin gets about 44.09 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 39°F