Mackinac Island Motels and More for the Frugal Traveler
If you're having difficulty finding a motel in Mackinac Island, let Expedia help you find a motel or something similar from more than 154 accommodations in the larger area. Simply filter using our search tools by nightly room rate or cost-saving amenities such as free parking and free airport transportation.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can make the most of what Mackinac Island has to offer. Top sights include Fort Mackinac in Mackinac Island, as well as Mackinac Bridge in the area.
Below are some of Expedia customers' favorite motels to choose from in the larger area:
Clearwater Lakeshore Motel
- Located 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from the heart of Mackinac Island
- Enjoy access to the indoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Cedar Hill Lodge
- Room amenities like free WiFi are included, along with freebies like breakfast, RV/bus/truck parking, and a casino shuttle.
- Central Mackinac Island is 4.9 mi (7.8 km) away
Crown Choice Inn & Suites Lakeview & Waterpark
- Enjoy access to the water park, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Located 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the heart of Mackinac Island
St. Ignace Budget Host Inn
- Central Mackinac Island is 5.6 mi (9.1 km) away
- A casino along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- 7.7 mi (12.3 km) from the heart of Mackinac Island
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast, parking, and a ferry terminal shuttle.
What to Do in Mackinac Island
Those who've visited Mackinac Island speak highly of its shops and lakeside setting. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this historical area while you're out sightseeing.
Must-see places in and around Mackinac Island include:
- Fort Mackinac
- Mackinac Bridge
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- The Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World
- Arch Rock
- Lake Huron
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory
- Totem Village
- Deer Ranch
Mackinac Island is also notable for its:
- Horseback riding
Best Time to Visit Mackinac Island
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Mackinac Island by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 42° F and nighttime temperatures average 11° F
- April-June: 74° F is the daytime average and 26° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 76° F and nighttime averages are around 46° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 62° F during the day and 16° F at night
- Average rainfall is 27.91 inches in a year
How to Get to Mackinac Island and Around the Area
Mackinac Island Transportation
|Mackinac Island, MI (MCD) ||Airport ||1.3 mi (2 km) |
|Pellston, MI (PLN-Pellston Regional) ||Airport ||20.8 mi (33.5 km) |
|Sault Ste. Marie, MI (CIU-Chippewa County Intl.) ||Airport ||28.8 mi (46.4 km) |