Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 12, 2019
Reviewed on Nov 29, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2021
Reviewed on Jan 6, 2021
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Madison, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games, shopping, and university setting. Top sights in the area include New Capitol Building, Florida Governor's Mansion, and Governor's Square Mall.
- You'll find 129 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tallahassee
- The closest major airport is in Valdosta, GA (VLD-Valdosta Regional), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Thomasville, GA (TVI-Thomasville Regional), 41.9 mi (67.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Madison
The university setting is a highlight of the city and North Florida Community College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake Frances Recreation Area and Treasures of Madison County.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Madison. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Madison Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Madison - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Madison - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Madison
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Madison Station. Madison may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Madison
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- About 52.56 inches of rain falls on Madison each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 40°F