History buffs will enjoy exploring Mainz, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, cathedral, and shopping.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Mainz
- The closest major airport is in Mainz (QFZ-Mainz Finthen), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mainz
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Gutenberg Museum, Naturhistorisches Museum, and Mainz Carnival Museums. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Mainz Cathedral, Augustinerkirche, and Augustinerstrasse. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Marktbrunnen and Mainz State Theater.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Mainz. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Mainz - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Top Hotel Hammer Nichtraucherhotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Neustadt features free WiFi, a bar, and a café.
- Atrium Hotel Mainz - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Mainz
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Mainz is easy. Make your way to Mainz Nord S-Bahn to catch metro. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Mainz Römisches Theater Station, Mainz Central Station, or Mainz South Station.
Dressing for Mainz
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mainz is 0.94 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 30°F