Families will find kid-friendly activities in Manhattan, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. A top sight in the city is Fort Riley Military Base.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in Manhattan
- The closest major airport is in Manhattan, KS (MHK-Manhattan Regional), 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Manhattan
Cultural venues in the city include Flint Hills Discovery Center, Oz Museum, and Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art. Favorite family attractions include Sunset Zoological Park and Konza Prairie Research Natural Area. The city's natural beauty is on display at Milford State Park, Milford Lake, and Konza Prairie Natural Area.
In Manhattan, there are 63 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Anderson Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Candlewood Suites Junction City Fort Riley - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center.
- Parkwood Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features 3 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Other top sights in Manhattan include Fort Riley Military Base.
Dressing for Manhattan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- About 32.60 inches of rain falls on Manhattan each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F