Families will find kid-friendly activities in Marina, and visitors give high marks for the bustling marina, top-notch restaurants, and pristine golf courses. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its aquarium. Top sights around the area include Monterey Bay Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf, and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
- You'll find 440 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marina
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Marina Dunes Preserve and Marina State Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Monterey Bay Aquarium and Fisherman's Wharf.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Marina. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott The Dunes On Monterey Bay - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Sanctuary Beach Resort - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham Marina at Monterey Bay - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, 7.1 mi/11.4 km from the city center, and Dennis the Menace Park, which is 7.9 mi/12.7 km away.
Dressing for Marina
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Average annual rainfall for Marina is 0.75 inches
- Usually September and October are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F