Visiting Moss Landing
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Moss Landing, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches and restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Monterey Bay Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf, and Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- You'll find 440 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Watsonville, CA (WVI-Watsonville Municipal), 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 13.4 mi (21.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Moss Landing
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Moss Landing State Beach and Monterey Bay. Additionally, you might want to add The Shakespeare Society of America to your agenda.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Captain's Inn at Moss Landing - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and spa treatment rooms. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Monterey Bay Aquarium, 14.3 mi/23 km from the heart of the city, and Fisherman's Wharf, which is 15 mi/24.1 km away.
Dressing for Moss Landing
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- About 0.75 inches of rain falls on Moss Landing each year
- Usually September and October are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F