Find Hotels in Monterey, CA
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $50
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Sep 27, 2020
Where to stay in Monterey
4.5/5Wonderful!(251 area reviews)
The beaches and seaside views are top of the list for many visitors to Downtown Monterey. A stop by Monterey Bay or Fisherman's Wharf might round out your trip.
4.5/5Wonderful!(453 area reviews)
Old Monterey is a destination visitors seek out for is pristine beaches, ample dining options, and popular aquarium. You might also want to check out attractions like Golden State Theatre or Monterey County Youth Museum while you're exploring the neighborhood.
5/5Exceptional!(186 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Golden Rectangle, Carmel Beach and Sunset Center are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(14 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Carmel Point, Carmel Beach and Carmel Mission Basilica are top sights worth seeing.
Rancho Rio Vista
While there might not be top attractions in Rancho Rio Vista, you can explore the larger area and discover places like Carmel Beach and Carmel Mission Basilica.
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Monterey, and visitors give high marks for the must-see aquarium, seaside, and seafood restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights in the city include Maritime Museum, Fisherman's Wharf, and Dennis the Menace Park.
- There are 454 hotels and other accommodations in Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 16.1 mi (26 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monterey
Cultural venues in the city include Maritime Museum, Sunset Center, and Golden State Theatre. Attractions like Dennis the Menace Park, Monterey Bay Aquarium, and Oceanview Boulevard are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like 17-Mile Drive, Point Pinos Lighthouse, and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
In Monterey, you'll find 454 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Bernardus Lodge & Spa - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Carriage House Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Golden Rectangle can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- The Vagabond's House - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Northwest Carmel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Monterey include Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, and Pebble Beach Golf Links. Outside the city, popular places to see include Santa Cruz Surfing Museum, located 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the city center, and Natural Bridges State Park, which is 25.7 mi (41.4 km) away.
Getting Around Monterey
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Monterey is a breeze. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Salinas Station. You can explore water transportation options at the local marina.
Dressing for Monterey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 43°F at night
- About 20.47 inches of rain falls on Monterey each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 44°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Monterey?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Monterey, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Monterey?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Monterey?
Where is the best place to stay in Old Monterey?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Monterey?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation in Monterey?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Monterey?
Where is the best hotel to stay with easy access to Monterey Bay Aquarium?
What about the best place to stay near Carmel Beach?
What's the best accommodation for a beach vacation in Monterey?
Recent reviews of Monterey hotels
More trip options
- Monterey Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Monterey Airports
- Hotels in Monterey Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Monterey Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Monterey
- More Hotel Options in Monterey
- Monterey Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in California
- Other Hotels near Monterey, California
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends