Visiting Pacific Grove
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Pacific Grove, and visitors give high marks for the must-see aquarium, seaside, and pristine golf courses. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants. Top sights around the area include Monterey Bay Aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf, and Point Pinos Lighthouse.
- You'll find 440 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pacific Grove
The city's cultural venues include Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History and Jameson's Classic Motorcycle Museum. The seaside and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lovers Point, Monarch Grove Butterfly Sanctuary, and Oceanview Boulevard. Top activities include biking and golfing, while Pacific Grove Golf Links is one place to visit.
In Pacific Grove, you'll be able to select from 106 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Andril Fireplace Cottages - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Green Gables Inn, A Four Sisters Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Gosby House Inn, A Four Sisters Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other top sights in Pacific Grove include Point Pinos Lighthouse. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Monterey Bay Aquarium, located 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the city center, and Fisherman's Wharf, which is 1.8 mi/2.9 km away.
Dressing for Pacific Grove
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Pacific Grove gets about 20.47 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 44°F