Travelers to Seaside give high marks for the beaches, must-see aquarium, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, and Dennis the Menace Park.
- You'll find 440 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Seaside
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Fort Ord Dunes State Park, Marina State Beach, and Monterey Bay. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bayonet and Black Horse Golf Course and California State University Monterey Bay.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Seaside. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - With a stay at this 3.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room sofa bed. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and room service.
- Seaside Inn - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this motel. Amenities at this 2-star motel include free WiFi and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Express at Monterey Bay - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Fisherman's Wharf, 2.9 mi/4.6 km from the heart of the city, and Monterey Bay Aquarium, which is 3.3 mi (5.3 km) away.
Dressing for Seaside
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 41°F at night
- About 17.24 inches of rain falls on Seaside each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 42°F