Visitors can enjoy all that Mathis has to offer including the riverfront, parks, and restaurants. The quaint and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city.
- You'll find 43 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Three Rivers
- The closest major airport is in Corpus Christi, TX (CRP-Corpus Christi Intl.), 25.9 mi (41.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Alice, TX (ALI), 27.7 mi (44.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mathis
The picturesque setting of Paiz Park and Lake Corpus Christi State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Lake City Civic Center to your agenda.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Mathis - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include USS Lexington Museum on the Bay, 28.8 mi/46.3 km from the city center, and Texas State Aquarium, which is 28.8 mi/46.3 km away.
Dressing for Mathis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 97°F, while the average at night is 58°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 98°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- About 32.95 inches of rain falls on Mathis each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 47°F