Visitors to Mattoon are sure to enjoy the restaurants, university setting, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses, entertainment choices, and architecture.
- You'll find 41 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Effingham
- The closest major airport is in Decatur, IL (DEC), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Champaign, IL (CMI-University Of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Williard), 39 mi (62.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mattoon
The picturesque setting of Kinzel Field and Mattoon Peterson Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Mattoon City Hall to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Mattoon. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Mattoon - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Hampton Inn Mattoon - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mattoon - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Getting Around Mattoon
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Mattoon Station. Mattoon might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Mattoon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- Mattoon gets about 40.04 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 23°F