Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Dec 22, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2021
Where to stay in Maui
Travelers to Maui give high marks for the beaches, live music scene, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Hookipa Beach Park, Wailea Beach, and Maui Arts and Cultural Center.
- There are 5658 hotels and other accommodations in Maui
- The closest major airport is in Kahului, HI (OGG), 8.7 mi (13.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hana, HI (HNM), 21.4 mi (34.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maui
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Maui Arts and Cultural Center, Maui Theater, and Bailey House Museum. Attractions like Maui Ocean Center and Hana Lava Tubes are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Polipoli Spring State Recreation Area, Kaʻahumanu Church, and Fagan's Memorial.
In Maui, you'll find 5658 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ho'oilo House - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Historic Lahaina Front Street features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Ho'olei at Grand Wailea - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this resort. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star resort in Wailea can enjoy access to a full-service spa and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Maui include Hookipa Beach Park, Wailea Beach, and Maui Nui Botanical Gardens. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Molokini, 15.3 mi/24.6 km from the city center.
Getting Around Maui
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Lahaina Sugar Cane Train Station or Lahaina Sugar Cane Train Kaanapali Landing Station. Maui might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Maui
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 59°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 59°F
- About 15.12 inches of rain falls on Maui each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 60°F
More trip options
- Maui Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Maui Airports
- Hotels in Maui Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Maui Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Maui
- More Hotel Options in Maui
- Maui Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Hawaii
- Other Hotels near Maui, Hawaii
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends