Visitors to McCloud are sure to enjoy the cafés, riverfront, and waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its ski areas.
- You'll find 67 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mount Shasta
- The closest major airport is in Redding, CA (RDD-Redding Municipal), 53.8 mi (86.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in McCloud
A favorite place to visit in the city is McCloud Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Mount Shasta Ski Park and Mt. Shasta Nordic Center.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in McCloud. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Shasta View Lodge - This 2.5-star motel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean, comfortable rooms and room size.
- McCloud River Mercantile Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- McCloud River Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and conference space. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for McCloud
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 43.15 inches of rain falls on McCloud each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 26°F