Visitors can enjoy all that Castella has to offer including the restaurants and parks. In Castella, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Redding, CA (RDD-Redding Municipal), 41.8 mi (67.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Castella
A favorite place to visit in the city is Castle Crags State Park. You'll also find Tauhindauli Park and Hedge Creek Falls in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Castella, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 67 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- New-historic Castella Cabin W/private River Access is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from central Castella. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Mount Shasta can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and proximity to shopping.
- R Cabin in the Woods is located 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the heart of Castella. This 2-star motel in Weed features an outdoor pool, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Shasta Inn is 13.7 mi (22 km) from the center of Castella. This 2-star motel in Mount Shasta features free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Castella
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Castella gets about 43.15 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F